I love comfortable shoes in the summer (my go-tos are either Toms or for the first time this summer Huaraches, which are classic Mexican shoes which I'll write about soon), but these espadrilles look absolutely perfect. Super simple, they're elevating this classic slip-on of my youth through different variations of leather (suede, goat, calf). Bright colors are usually not my go-to, but here I would go for it. And in fall/winter, they usually offer these espadrilles with fur on the inside - which are also perfect for travel. My favorites are their classic espadrilles with the thin soles. I think founders Marijana Condic and Lisa Leipziger really got it right!
- Name: Lika Mimika
- Founders: Marijana Condic and Lisa Leipziger
- Country: Germany
- Website: likamimika.com
- Price point: Roughly 130-150 Euros, ship internationally
- My favorite: Their orange espadrille with the thin sole
- Notes: Lisa came back from a vacation in Spain and told Marijana that they have to create a more sturdy version of the $10 espadrilles you find there. The rest is history.
- And: For animal lovers - they also have a vegan line. I can recommend subscribing to their newsletter, they have a lot of flash sales.